Thank you for your poem. We will only contact you if we are unable to match your payment with your entry.
2017 Live Reading
Saturday August 19, 2017
20 works selected by the judges are read by experienced public readers
The audience votes for the People's Choice Award
Awards are announced
The anthology is launched and goes on sale
Adamstown Uniting Church, Adamstown
- a well known cultural and music venue in Newcastle.
Terms and Conditions of Entry
Read our FAQs
1. The word limit is 500 maximum for prose pieces, 36 lines for poetry. This includes titles and any sub-headings.
2. Entry is online only and closes 8pm, June 9, 2017. Attach your work as a .pdf or .doc or .docx file via the entry form (left).
3. Entrants must be over 18.
4. You can enter as many times as you wish.
5. For judging purposes, your work should not include your name or any identifying marks. We will need your real name on the entry form for administrative purposes. You can enter under a pseudonym but you must provide your real name on the entry form.
6. By entering, the author warrants that the work has not been published elsewhere (including electronically) and that they own the copyright to the story.
7. Staff of Hunter Writers Centre and their family members are not eligible to enter.
8. Entrants must be Australian citizens (living anywhere) or have permanent residence in Australia
9. The judges' decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. By entering, the author gives permission to Hunter Writers Centre to publish their work in any form - electronically or in print. The copyright to the work is always retained by the author but any subsequent collection that features the author's work should acknowledge Hunter Writers Centre.
11. You do not have to be a member of Hunter Writers Centre to enter this competition. Any Australian is welcome to enter.
12. Once the competition closes, all submissions and payments will be crosschecked. We will only contact you if your payment was not successful or uploading your work was not successful.
Read our FAQs
Thank you to:
© Copyright │
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license
Contact: email@example.com www.facebook.com/hunterwriterscentre
Disclaimer: The information provided on this website is for use of a general nature only and is not intended to be relied upon as, nor to be a substitute for, specific professional advice. No responsibility for loss occasioned to any persons acting on or refraining from action as a result of any material in this publication will be accepted.