Comic Writing Competition
Free to enter
Open to young writers in
Years 4, 5 or 6
Read the Guidelines (on the right)
Build and publish your comic (5-7 frames) on the
It is free to create a comic but you must sign up
Complete the entry form below and send your comic
Here's a flier for you to copy onto your facebook page, website or newsletter:
Your Comic Comp Judges are:
James Morris, Dylan McCrae & John Randall,
Graphic Action Comics
572 Hunter Street, Newcastle
Director, Hunter Writers Centre
90 Hunter St, Newcastle
Cassandra Scott, Writer, University Student,
Lover of Comics & Central Coast Resident
Claudia and EJ: 2 primary students who LOVE Pixton Comics
$100 voucher from Graphic Action Comics, Newcastle
and One Year Full Membership from Pixton Comic Maker valued at $60
$40 voucher + Young Readers' Comic Book Pack from
$30 voucher from
Comic Comp Guidelines:
1. Students must be in Grade 4, 5 or 6 or be a homeschooler in the Central Coast or Hunter regions
2. Comics must be 5-7 frames
3. Comics must be created using only the Pixton Comic Creator online.
4. No payment is required to enter
5. Closing date: Saturday 25th January
6. One comic entry per person only
7. You do not need to be a member of Hunter Writers Centre to enter but keep in touch as we run lots of fun activities throughout the year for young people!
8. A paid Pixton account is not required to enter. Sign up to Pixton is free.
9. All enquiries to: email@example.com
10. All comics must be your original work
11. Comics featuring adult themes will not be accepted
12. Prizewinners will be notified by email and phone. If the winners are uncontactable within 14 days, the prize will be awarded to the next shortlisted comic
14. The top five comics will be published online through the Hunter Writers Centre. No correspondence shall be entered into.
Thank you to:
© Copyright │
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org www.facebook.com/hunterwriterscentre
Disclaimer: The information provided on this website is for use of a general nature only and is not intended to be relied upon as, nor to be a substitute for, specific professional advice. No responsibility for loss occasioned to any persons acting on or refraining from action as a result of any material in this publication will be accepted.