Marketing Your Book
Saturday 22nd March
10am - 2pm
Who will benefit most from this presentation?
Writers who haven't started to write their book yet.
Authors whose books are substantially written
Authors who have unsold copies of their book(s)
Authors love what they have written. They open the first box from the printer, and the smell of fresh books is better than any bakehouse aroma. They spot their baby in a bookstore and snap a brag photo. However, many simply don't get bought, let alone read. Where do those books go? This course will cover:
• How can you market your book in advance of writing it?
• What are the various methods available?
• How can you move unsold books?
• Getting the marketing strategy right before writing your book
• Your reasons for writing
• The book proposal and what is unique about your book
• The publisher doesn't market your book
• It is all about what your audience wants to read
• You need to find where your readers hang out
• The Grand Roadtrip of Book Signings
• Newspaper, magazines, radio, TV
• Libraries, writers centres, lecture circuit
• Facebook, Twitter, your own website/blog, cross-posting
• Book reviews
• Blurb and Foreword by celebrities
City Library, Laman St, Newcastle.
What to bring to the course
writing materials - either paper or laptop and lunch
Parking is free at the rear of the library. The library opens at 9.30am
Fee: $44 for HWC members, $66 for non-members. Become a member now
By Direct Deposit - no extra fee:
Name: Hunter Writers Centre Incorporated
BSB: 650-000 Account: 965980308
IMPORTANT: Please put BOTH your name and the phrase "Marketing your book" in the reference box
By Credit Card online (incurs a small fee)
Members - click here to pay $44
Non-members - click here to pay $66
Author Coach, Robert Watson
Robert coaches authors whose books have accumulated 313 Five-Star Ratings on Amazon. With a strong background in business and strategy, he doesn’t hold back on pointing direction to his clients. He has worked on business books, family histories, travel memoirs, self-help books and romance.
More than just spelling and grammar, coaching extends to working side-by-side with writers so that actionable messages reach their readers. When not sitting at the computer, I work as a freelance Executive/Managerial Coach
Specialties: Editing, Critiquing, Writing, Coaching/Mentoring
Thank you to:
© Copyright │
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org www.facebook.com/hunterwriterscentre
Disclaimer: The information provided on this website is for use of a general nature only and is not intended to be relied upon as, nor to be a substitute for, specific professional advice. No responsibility for loss occasioned to any persons acting on or refraining from action as a result of any material in this publication will be accepted.